Home and School Association
Every parent or guardian, teacher and staff member of St. Mary’s Cathedral School is a member of the Home and School Association. Help us to make St. Mary’s Cathedral School outstanding! Be a vital part of HSA and volunteer your time, talent, and treasure.
The objectives of the HSA shall be:
- To promote open communication among the parents/guardians, staff, and administration.
- To provide parents/guardians and staff with the information to aid in all aspects of education, growth, and development.
- To promote good will and cooperation between and among parents/guardians, staff, administration, school board, and St. Mary's Parish.
- To direct and coordinate parental support to St. Mary's School through assistance activities, social functions, and fundraisers.
- To foster the political action of parents/guardians as advocates regarding national, state, and local legislation that affects Catholic schools as well as the lives of students and parents/guardians.
HSA parents help support St. Mary’s School in many ways. Some of the ways include but are not limited to:
- Hosting parent education sessions, the annual Back-to-School Swim Party, teachers’ luncheons, open house, new parent orientations, and family events during the school year such as a Wonderland Night picnic and Family Dance Night.
- Providing St. Nicholas bags and Christmas ornaments for students.
- Planning and organizing the popcorn and coke sales, the Christmas Shoppe for students, the class projects for fundraising events, and the annual Field Day.
- Assisting with the Fall Carnival, school fundraisers, and Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week.
- Selling and promoting school spirit items.
- Helping promote St. Mary’s School in any way possible.